Breaks are essential in life, and sometimes life just takes over and forces you to take one. But once you’re back from that break, how do you reconnect with your routines and projects?
Ted, Vanessa, and Sara, co-hosts of The MultiPod, get together in this episode after a summer break to talk about how we go through the mindset of re-focusing on our work and finding the right motivation to get back into “the Zone.”
We were faced with the classic multipotentialite conundrum: how do we get back into the groove? Can we really just pick up where we left off? Is it really so easy to recapture that nice, steady routine and rhythm that we had for 18 months?
In this conversation, we talk about our news and what we have been up to this past month. Vanessa now lives in a different province (new routine, new place, new weather…), Ted is almost done with his seasonal job and he’s looking forward to picking up on his business ideas, and Sara is finally recovering her energy back after a rough emotional time.
If all things have a beginning, then perhaps all things can have a restart as well. If you’ve ever struggled with motivation, overwhelm, guilt, or frustration in getting back into your projects, then join us as we journey down that very road ourselves and share what we learn along the way.
You’re about to Learn…
- Vanessa, Ted, and Sara’s strategies to reconnect after a break.
Topics & Timestamps
- [00:00] Introduction
- [02:09] Vanessa’s updates and the difficulties of moving
- [08:83] Sara’s updates. Dealing with a change of plans and finding ways of recovering your emotional energy
- [13:30] Ted’s Updates. About possible changes and what it means to work in a seasonal job.
- [19:92] How long does it take to get back into “the Zone?”
- [22:40] Getting back into The MultiPod!
- [24:97] Ideas for new episodes and call to action
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Meetup groups (a great resource to meet new people in a new city)