If someone came to you today and offered you your dream job, would you take it?
There are probably three main answers here: yes (the easy one), no – usually followed by a list of reasons why you can’t – and “I don’t know what my dream job would be.” All are perfectly valid answers, but there may be a core question that should come first: Why are you waiting for someone to come to you in the first place?
Co-hosts Ted and Sara talk about uncertainty and its influence over our willingness to try new things. First, Ted shares his plans for a career pivot after years of working as an employee in the tourism industry. Then he opens up about the challenges in building new skills and pursuing meaningful work.
This episode is about stress, risk, and the beauty of accepting that you can’t predict everything. Sometimes you just need to go for it.
Listen in to hear about finding the right kind of work to fit with your lifestyle and responsibilities. Then enjoy some great insights into building confidence, experimentation, and embracing the journey as a means of self-discovery.
This is also an open call to all listeners! If you’re interested in sharing your story on the show, you can email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s a great way to build momentum and gain some support from our amazing community.
We’d love to hear what you’re working on!
You’re about to Learn…
- Why consistency and a support network are so important in making progress.
- How to stick with your plan in the face of uncertainty.
- That discovery is a meaningful benefit of exploring work you love.
- Where to find time for your new project among existing commitments.
Topics & Timestamps
- [00:00] Introducing uncertainty: Ted’s work-life transition story
- [15:40] Ted’s pivot plan from tourism to writing to a niche website
- [26:55] Getting started and in the face of uncertainty
- [33:51] Facing rejection in art, work, and life
- [41:25] Caring deeply & finding work that fills your life
- [46:49] Puttypeep profiles of the week
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- Location Rebel – A location independence community Ted has joined for support in his new venture