Thrive (Foster Thrive Mandala Jr.) is a very committed Puttytribe member and learn-a-holic who lives in Blantyre, Malawi. He’s studying architecture and programing, but also loves writing, graphic design, music, and all sorts of other things like a good multipotentialite.
Thrive is our first guest from Africa and in this conversation, we get to learn about his interests and insights. Hosts Ted and Sara explore the notion of coping with stress, the struggles of moving to the city from the countryside, the essential elements to develop intelligence, and the acceptance of oneself through learning and embracing one’s own personality.
Thrive’s testimony is a story of overcoming, embracing creativity, and of a true multipotentialite personality. Thrive has found our Tribe to be a place to express a part of him that most people around him don’t know, and in this episode he really opens up to us to get to know him.
You’re about to Learn…
- Thrive’s way of coping with stress.
- The four essential points to develop intelligence.
- The struggles that come of moving to the city from the countryside.
Topics & Timestamps
- [04:17] Thrive’s introduction
- [07:10] How much does your environment impact your multipotentiality and personality?
- [11:06] Thrive’s way of coping with stress
- [15:38] Do you have a system to remember all the books you read and learn?
- [16:51] A collection of Thrive’s ideas + confronting negative feedback
- [18:11] What does intelligence mean and how does it work?
- [21:37] What are your plans for the future and where do you see yourself?
- [25:44] Outro
- [33:37] Puttypeep of the week profiles
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
The Artist Way by Julia Cameron