Loffy Bermejo is a dynamic multipotentialite bringing mental health care and support to her native Philippines. Her primary means of doing so is through an exciting new NGO called “Project Kampana,” a job placement service for people with mental illness.
On today’s episode, Vanessa chats with Loffy about her background and interests, what drove her to launch this endeavor, the mental health landscape for women and in the Philippines in particular, and how an NGO is a great platform for a multipotentialite to make use of their many interests and abilities!
Topics & Timestamps
- [02:00] Welcome to Loffy, her Puttytribe scholarship, Loffy’s Wednesday Adams personality.
- [05:10] Laffy introduces the mental health/development NGO she’s starting in Philippines.
- [05:56] The moving story behind the name of her NGO, “Project Kampana”.
- [16:25] The mental health landscape in the Philippines.
- [18:23] Do colonized countries result in higher percentages of mental health issues?
- [23:08] How the NGO helps foster and encourage multipotentiality.
- [33:05] Puttypeep profiles, with a twist!
Resources Mentioned in This Episode
- https://www.mhanational.org/mental-health-bell – The “Mental Health Bell” talked about by Loffy and Vanessa, the inspiration for the name Kampana.
- https://www.facebook.com/Project-Kampana-113110590091715/ – Facebook group for Project Kampana, as talked about in the episode.
- https://www.instagram.com/monthlymonsoon/ – Instagram! Loffy’s boutique craft and design lab.
- https://loffybermejo.wordpress.com/ – Loffy’s personal website & blog.
- https://www.enhughesiasm.com/ – Neil Hughes’ home on the web.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM06o26PCDQ – Direct link to Neil’s TEDx comedy talk on anxiety and mental health.
- https://www.amazon.ca/Walking-Custard-Meaning-Life-Anxious/dp/0993166806 – Neil’s book, available on Amazon.
- https://www.instagram.com/keikatyo/ – Find Keika here on Instagram.
- https://tehgamedev1.wixsite.com/portfolio – Harsh’s game design portfolio.